Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ringing in 2010

We rang in 2010 with good friends, a bonfire, smores, and a beautiful full moon. Well, technically we didn't ring in the ACTUAL new year. We did that horizantally, in bed, asleep in our dreams. I have officially turned into my father. But we welcomed it's coming anyway.

T dug the fire and hanging out with her friends.

And she REALLY dug on the marshmallows.

We started early, we wanted the kiddos to be happy and we wanted to secure a pit, they're in high demand December 31st! We ordered pizza (yes, pizza and smores, a redneck New Years as Wade would say) for dinner, chit chatted and discussed the coming year. We were home by 8, put T in bed, watched a movie and then put ourselves to bed at like 10:30! We're so old.

New Years Day we cruised down to Oceanside to meet up with AB, Dent and crew for playtime at the park and lunch. The day could not have been more beautiful and AB and Dent getting crapped on by a giant seagull, well, there's a New Years memory.

Tessa and Beckham (or Bek, as she calls him) had races down the mini slide. But neither of them wanted to go down the big slide by themselves, so....

I jumped in for the ride!

Best buddies.

Seriously. A seagull bombing. This is a true matter of paranoia every time I walk a pier, I know my day is coming, but I managed to escape it that afternoon. A little finger guiding by Wade and baby wipes did the trick.

Watching the surfers and the wa-wa. Have you ever seen such cute little heads and backsides in your whole life?

T liked it.

I loved this past weekend. New Years Day on a Friday is like having two Saturday's right in a row. We slept in, went for family runs, ran errands together, took naps, played with new toys. I'll be sad Monday when dad has to go back to work, we've had a great few days hanging out together. When I look back on 2009, it seems days such as those we just experienced are my most treasured, just me and my two favorites hanging out spending time together. I love those two and feel so blessed I get to spend 2010 and all the years after with them.

5 comments:

kimmalee said...

Yes, very cute little behinds.

Annika said...

Fun! Don't you just love spending time with your Sis!

Emily said...

Ha, ha! So glad to hear we're not the only ones who go to bed at 10:30 on the 31st. We tried staying up a couple of years ago and then decided it was stupid because we were just staying up to stay up and it's not like our kids were going to sleep in the next morning, so...we went to bed!

The Voelkel Family said...

VERY cute pics. Thanks for sharing. I particularly love your new family photo in your blog heading. Gorgeous!! and a bit symbolic too. :)

Julie Knowlton said...

Gosh darnit. I feel like your holidays are a teens bit better because of the brilliant weather you guys have. Who wouldn't want a bonfire at the beach on New Year's??

And gosh darnit, Tess...