It's getting rather uncomfortable to run. Much to my husbands relief, I've had to slow it down quite a bit the last 2 weeks. Not like I was going fast before...but it's hard to be a runner and not be able to run, you know, really run. I find myself moaning and maybe even whimpering a bit as I watch other runners breeze by me with such ease, such freedom, such ability to push themselves... longing to be among them. Chloe and I are now on a run for 3 minutes, walk for 3 minutes routine. Better than nothing for sure; enough to tell myself I am still running, yet little enough to reduce the "my stomach feels like it's going to pull itself off my body feeling."
Wade and I went and swam laps tonight and that felt quite nice actually. I can't quite decide if Baby H is going to be a runner or a swimmer. Sometimes her kicks come with such force and rapidity I am convinced there is a sprinter in there, other times she will punch and kick at the same time, much like she's practicing her freestyle stroke. We shall see...only 6 weeks left!
Wade and I went and swam laps tonight and that felt quite nice actually. I can't quite decide if Baby H is going to be a runner or a swimmer. Sometimes her kicks come with such force and rapidity I am convinced there is a sprinter in there, other times she will punch and kick at the same time, much like she's practicing her freestyle stroke. We shall see...only 6 weeks left!
8 comments:
I can't believe your still walking, let alone running?!! You and Annika kill me. Who goes to the gym the same week they are going to have a baby?!! I lack a little determination in that department, but I definitely look up to you!! I hope your feeling well, I wish I could have seen you while you were in town. I guess Josh will have to take me on a little vaca so I can see the babe!! Good Luck!! We love you guys!!
That is incredible that you are still running with only 6 weeks to go--wow! I ran on the treadmill, with 6 weeks left, to put myself into labor :)!
Can't wait to see pics of this little girl!
--Jen Roper
I'm with Ali, the minute I find out I'm pregnant I rejoice because then I don't have to feel so guilty about not exercising...I've yet to come up with a good excuse for the times when I'm not!
Don't beat yourself up over it, but take it from me it is well worth it. You will be so glad you stuck with some kind of excersize when you have that baby. It makes the recovery so much better! Plus you look great and it always made me feel better mentally too. I am so excited for you! I hope all goes well and hope I won't have to wait too long to meet your little one!
Yikes!! You are hard-core! I think I did an exercise video once when I was like 5 or 6 weeks along and that was it for my prego exercises. I am such a bum. I really hope to be able to see you when we get to Cali. We go into the beach house on the 12th. So I will call you and see when a good day to visit or for you to come over will be.
Talk to you soon!!
-Hillary
P.S. I am with Wade... run "gingerly"!!
I am so impressed that you are even trying to still run, that is great. We are excited to see this cute girl.
I can't believe you are so close! Oh is she gonna be beautiful, I can't wait to see her! Ok superwoman...how are you still even running? I was spent @ 5 months! You are amazing!!
You're amazing! The worst was trying to run at 5 weeks postpartum, and discovering I couldn't run without peeing my pants. This was a total shocker to me. I truly hope you don't experience that one. It's much better now, but I know some people have to deal with it for a long time.
I can't believe you're due already! So exciting!
Post a Comment